Friday, January 29, 2010

Interesting approach

I know it almost looks as though I had died from looking at my last post date, but I've been extremely busy pushing for the new "hopefully" LEED certified house in Pinecrest. So please, forgive me for that!
I came across a small company in Miami called b-type design, which uses laser cutting to create rather different and interesting marketing material, from business cards to coasters. The interesting part about all this, is that they don't use ink for their creations. Everything is burned (which I admit doesn't exactly make it green, but lets be honest...it is better!) Even though printer ink is not toxic, it can still release toxic chemicals into the environment if not disposed of properly, aside from the fact that the cartridge itself is 100% plastic.This is a reason to dispose of cartridges properly and recycle when possible. Having said this, doing away with cartridges does help in one department and using recycled media even more so.
So, in just the green aspects of it, I wanted to share, but also being the design freak that I am...I think they have some cool stuff in there as well! Their website is:
 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment